Thursday, October 15, 2009
The Talented Roosendaal Rats
Rats have been called many things, but… talented? That doesn’t happen very often, but these two rats aren’t ordinary either. Just like the surfing rats, they do cool tricks.
Trained by Dutch photographer Ellen van Deelen to hold different musical instruments and pose for the camera, the Roosendaal Rats are considered very talented by their owner. She confesses rats weren’t exactly her favorite creatures, but, after buying these two, she realized they are highly intelligent creatures.
They simply grab the instruments, hold them in a professional manner and aren’t camera shy at all. On the contrary, they listen to their trainer’s commands to the letter, during photo-shoots.
Now, Ellen aims even higher and wants to teach her furry pets to play the instruments and wants to turn the duo into a larger band.
Types of Personal Accident Insurance Policies
Under personal accident insurance, the policyholder, if injured, receives cash benefits every month, just like income, for as long as s/he is unable to work due to the accidental injuries. This income is non-taxable and does not exceed the policyholder’s after-tax earnings minus the state benefits s/he can claim. In case of death of the policyholder due to an accident, the family receives a specific lump-sum amount.
There are eight common types of personal accident insurance policies:
• Individual: This policy can be taken by any individual. The benefits usually enclose partners and children. Since several activities are excluded from this policy, it is not as useful for people who love adventurous sports, like mountaineering and rock climbing.
• Children: The purpose of this policy is to provide financial help to parents if they are unable to work or if they incur expenses as a result of an accident.
• Group: This policy is used by companies to cover employees for expenses related to accidents.
• Self-employed: Since self employed individuals are not eligible for employee benefits, they are worse off when injured in an accident.
• Team: Through a team accident insurance policy, organizers can seek cover for all the members of a sports team.
• Professional: This policy is specifically for self employed professionals, such as a sportsperson, actor, lawyer or doctor, who have special requirements.
• Over 50: This policy targets people over 50 years of age, as accidents can cause more grievous injuries to them.
• Travel accidents: This policy offers benefits in case the policyholder meets with an accident while traveling.